Here at PLANT POWER FOOD we really want to save our environment right now! – but at the same time, we want to eat the healthiest diet possible.
We live on this planet and in order to live here, we need to take care of it. We are surrounded by nature, however, that doesn’t mean that we can take it for granted.
What we do to succeed our mission:
– Separate our garbage and recycle. We have a compost bin and put your organic waste in it.
– We turn off the lights when they are not needed.
– We use water-saving appliances.
– Ride a bike or walk instead of driving, if we need to make a quick grocery shopping.
– We only use our dishwasher when it’s a full load.
– We use reusable bags and boxes instead of plastic bags.
– We use recycled paper as napkins and our toilet paper is recycled milk cartons.
– We use a strainer in our sinks – we are careful on what we wash down the sinks, also we have a oil free kitchen, which means we dont pour oils in our sink.
– We plan your shopping carefully. If we buy more than we need and have to throw it away, everybody loses. We also buy everything in bulk to save on packaging.
– We use energy-efficient light bulbs.
– We found out natural alternatives for chemical cleaners.
– We avoid using disposable plates, cups and cutlery of plastic, even our take-away plates and cups are made from recycled paper.
– When we furnished our restaurant we bought used furniture.
– Our straws are made from corn
– And at last, we only serve vegan food. Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. A farm with 2,500 dairy cows produces the same amount of waste as a city of 411,000 people. Animal agriculture is responsible for up to 91% of Amazon destruction.
Each day, a person who eats a vegan diet saves 1,100 gallons of water, 45 pounds of grain, 30 sq ft of forested land, 20 lbs CO2 equivalent, and one animal’s life.
Written by Casper, 2019