We truly enjoy an unrefined vegan diet based on whole foods, and we would like to share our passion with you! Maybe you have some questions for us on our food concept – maybe we have answered some of them here.
What is a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet?
– Whole foods describe natural foods that are not heavily processed. That means whole, unrefined, or minimally refined ingredients.
– Plant-based means food that comes from plants and doesn’t include animal ingredients such as meat, milk, eggs, or honey.
Why we choose a plant-based diet
- We do for the many benefits that a plant-based diet awards our health and our footprint on the planet. A whole-food, plant-based diet lets you meet your nutritional needs by focusing on natural, minimally-processed plant foods.
People often ask why we don’t use any oil
- It is true! We don’t use any oil! However, all our dishes have the right amount of fat, based on the Danish nutrition guidelines.
We get all the essential fats we need from whole foods, and we use enough! e.g avocado, tahini, flax, sunflower and chia seeds.
… And the benefit when eating these fats from whole foods is that we get many of our diets essential requirements without the high cholesterol fat! So we give you the good fats that come with, fiber, potassium, and other important nutrients and vitamins.
You may notice our plates with lots of carbs
Good & healthy carbs are the center of our plate for a couple of reasons;
– We are striving to give you that satisfied feeling and happy belly’s.
– Whole food, whole grain carbs are humans best source of energy.
We try to have as many colours as possible in our dishes
… and we have this for two reasons; it looks great, and flavonoids. Flavonoids are antioxidants which gives plants and vegetables their colour. The more powerful colours the more antioxidants.
Written by Glenn & Casper, 2019